Central Sterile Processing
Find out how HALYARD* can provide a holistic approach from Sterile Processing to the Operating Theatre to help improve patient safety, improve efficiency, build a stronger team and reduce department costs.
Reduce procedure delays related to Central Sterile issues
Improving equipment and protocol in the Central Sterile Processing Department and Operating Theatre can greatly reduce procedure delays and improve efficiency.
HALYARD* provides an array of strategic support services and resources expressly designed to assist the Central Sterile Processing Department in achieving its goals and maintaining its edge in this ever-changing healthcare environment.
Our products and resources make it easy for you to...
- Optimize Central Sterile Processing efficiency
- Empower your Sterile Processing Technicians through advanced solutions
- Improve cost efficiency
…All with the goal of improving patient care and outcomes.
Make a change for the better!
We provide clinical support so that you can deliver an intact sterile package
To deliver an intact sterile package, you need the SMART-FOLD* along with the most relevant guidelines and infection prevention techniques.
Sterility maintenance study: dynamic evaluation of sterilised rigid containers and wrapped instruments to prevent bacterial ingress.
Sterilisation Wrap or Rigid Sterilisation Containers?
A study has shown – after terminal sterilisation – that 100%1 of the sterilised packaged wrapped in HALYARD* sterilisation wrap remained sterile whereas 87%1 of rigid sterilisation containers did not maintain sterility through transport and handling.
Take into account this information before you make a decision.
A HALYARD* Sales Rep can assist you in an analysis of your Central Sterile Processing Department needs
TEST YOUR OWN CONTAINERS
Rigid Container Leak Test Demo
There should be a complete seal between the lid and the bottom of each of your rigid containers. Learn how to test for barrier breaches.
Advance Two of Your Most Valuable Assets: Time and Space
The optimal combination of Halyard‘s* sterilisation wrap together with Belintra‘s transport and storage system tackles exactly this problem with our two-touch method.
An optimal solution to:
- Reduce the number of reprocessing of sterilised packages
- Optimisation of storage space
- No more stacking of packages
- Improved organisation in the storage area
- Maintain sterility of instruments until point of use
HALYARD* and BELINTRA®
Sterilisation Packaging, Storage and Transport Solution
Utilising more durable and easy-to-use SMART-FOLD* Sterilisation Wrap, along with the total STERISYSTEM® storage and transport system, see how sterile processing technicians can more efficiently support patient safety.
SMART-FOLD* Sterilisation Wrap
SMART-FOLD* Sterilisation Wrap meets the most rigorous industry standards for safety and performance, including resistance to fire, lint, abrasion, and microbial contamination.
- Reference lines for accurate tray placement
- Handy positioning strips hold material in place for easier wrapping
- Pull tabs for easy aseptic opening
- Meets the ISO 11607 microbial barrier challenge, to protect instruments during storage, transport and handling
- Fire resistant
- Abrasion resistant
- Impact-resistant fabric resists tears and cuts in handling
- Contrasting inner sheet makes inspection up to 86% faster
- Compatible with most common sterilization modalities: Pre-vacuum steam, Ethylene oxide
- 61% more weight in critical zones
SMART-FOLD* Sterilisation Wrap
HALYARD* Sequential Sterilization Wrap
Request a Consultation
1 Harry L. Shaffer MS*, Delbert A. Harnish MS*, Michael McDonald MS, Reid A. Vernon BS, Brian K. Heimbuch MS*. Sterility maintenance study: Dynamic evaluation of sterilized rigid containers and wrapped instrument trays to prevent bacterial ingress. Am J Infect Control. 2015 Dec;43(12)1336–1341
* Harry L. Shaffer MS, Delbert A. Harnish MS, and Brian K. Heimbuch MS contributed to/authored the above article at the time they had a financial consulting relationship with Halyard Health, Inc.; however, they were not compensated by Halyard Health, Inc. for their respective contributions/authorship of the article.